I have some random questions about blogging for the rest of you out there.
1. Why did you begin blogging/Why do you continue blogging? For me, I just felt the need to stretch my writing muscle before it atrophied irrevocably. If you don't personally have a blog, what brings you to other people's blogs?
2. Who knows about your blog, other than those of us who have randomly found you on the web? Friends, family? I know that some people start blogging specifically to keep long-distance friends and relatives abreast of their lives, and I know other bloggers who write specifically to vent about their friends and family in a safe place!
3. Do you regret telling people about your blog, if you have already done so? Do you worry that one day, your cousin or aunt to whom you casually mentioned, "Oh, I blog!" will find you and be horrified? Do you sometimes restrain yourself from sharing certain hilarious anecdotes (just for example, anecdotes maybe from a baby shower you threw which involved lots of church ladies?) for fear of hurting someone's feelings?
4. Do you obsessively check to see how many people have viewed your profile, read your latest post, etc.? More than once a day?
5. Once you started getting regular commenters, do you now feel slightly obligated to come up with something interesting to say every day? Or do you love reporting on yourself daily, and have to restrain yourself from giving detailed lists of what you ate for lunch? (That would be an entire box of pierogies, fyi.)