Wednesday, November 14, 2007

If Eating Cookie Dough Is Wrong, I Don't Want To Be Right

The alternate title to this post was, "Sugar: The New Caffeine." In my current "sans coffee" state, I crave it so much that I sometimes long to inject it intravenously. Today was particularly rough. Last night, Jim and I were up discussing house stuff until about two in the morning (because apparently we lack the capacity to foresee the consequences of our actions) and I was of course completely exhausted by about two this afternoon. I had grocery shopping and errands to do, including running all over town trying to find out where the heck I was supposed to buy dog tags. I finally found the place, only to be told they are on a two week hiatus from selling the tags and that I had to go to the dog warden's office on the other side of town! Oh sure! No problem whatsoever!
I have since revived myself by baking chocolate chip cookies, and steadily shoving Ghiradelli chips into my piehole as I mixed up the dough. I am currently scraping the empty mixing bowl and eating giant spoonfuls of buttery, salmonella-poisoned goodness. Now I am Happy and Wide Awake!

5 comments:

d e v a n said...

hey, you gotta get your fix where you can. Sounds good to me...

Mommy Daisy said...

Mmm, I can relate. Sounds yummy though. When are you going to share? ;)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm. Cookies. Must have.

clueless but hopeful mama said...

In the early months of Zoe's life, it was all about chocolate covered almonds for me. I told myself it was the protein in the almonds that helped the most. We all knew the truth.

Chelle said...

I LOVE the title of this post.