Monday, June 28, 2010

Not That You Wanted To Know This, But...

...I took the advise of several of you and midway through today, put the kid in a Pull Up. He'd already had one accident, and by the second, which was sudden and messy and running down his leg and onto the carpet AND the hardwood AND the bathmat oh dear Lord, I had had enough. I was also starting to wise up to the fact that maybe the stomach virus was NOT gone and now was not a good time to be working on Number Two Issues anyways.

Boy, was I right. Or should I say, you were right. It happened again during dinner, but at least this time, just as I started to feel my heart racing with the fight or flight response I always get before dealing with messy disasters, I remembered that lo! He was essentially wearing a diaper, and all I had to do was unsnap, wipe, and throw away. It felt like a downright LUXURY, I tell you.

And the fact that changing a diaper containing the results of a stomach virus could feel LUXURIOUS is something that has me a little concerned about how low I've fallen in this world. Next I'll be posting to let you know about the dee-lishus pizza remains I found in the neighbor's garbage! Score!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

That's how I feel every time I treat myself to some disposables. I'm like, "What?! I can just throw this away and there is no mess! Sweet!"

I'm glad you decided to save yourself from the carpet scrubbing. You're too pregnant to deal with that!

Tracy said...

oh man! I've been feeling like that lately with little man being on antibiotics. Every time I use a disposable, I'm like "score! I can just toss this!"

d e v a n said...

bwahahaha!

Kelsey said...

I'm glad the pulled up helped - some battles are just not worth it, you know?!