Sunday, June 13, 2010

From The Mouths Of Babes

The other day I was at the playground with my friend, her kids and her niece, whom she's babysitting during the summer. I hadn't seen Lily for awhile and said hi, while Jess asked, "Did you know Sarah was going to have a baby?"

Lily nodded sagely. "Yeah, I could tell."

I beamed, for it's just been in the last few weeks that strangers have begun to notice my pregnancy as obvious enough to comment upon. I expected her to say something about my bigger belly, but instead, she continued in explanation:

"She keeps pulling up her pants. I've noticed pregnant ladies' pants are always falling down."

8 comments:

clueless but hopeful mama said...

hahahaHA! Damn straight! Yet another fun part of pregnancy that I don't miss is the graceful, ladylike HIKING UP OF THE PANTS that was necessary every single time I stood up.

Mary O said...

She's observant, that's for sure! LOL.

Hillary said...

Ha! That made me laugh out loud because it's soooooo true. And if my pants weren't falling down, the pregnancy band was making my underwear ride down. So classy.

d e v a n said...

lmao!!

Michelle said...

That is fabulous. I forgot about that and I am not looking forward to it again!

Jessica said...

::giggle::

Tracy said...

ha! so true!

Saly said...

HAHAHAHA!! Lucy is obsessed with asking me how old I am. Everywhere. All the time. I usually tell her I’m 25 to which Bud replies (annoyed) “Mom, you’re 31!!” After such an exchange on Saturday, he then told me that his teacher, Ms. S, is “in her thirties”. I asked him how he knew and he said that he had asked her how old she was. I told him he shouldn’t ask people their age because they get upset. He said, “when she said she was in her 30’s, I told her she looked like she was in her 20’s. She told me I made her day.” Hub and I had a good laugh about that one.