Monday, June 07, 2010

The Briefest Movie Reviews Ever

Sex and the City Two: possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. If you liked the show at all, spare yourself and skip it. It's like finding out that an ex boyfriend whom you remember fondly as being sweet and clever and funny is now living on the street, unwashed and gaunt and selling sexual favors for heroin. It's really really bad. I don't understand how the writers and producers from the first movie could have had any hand in the second. Did they, even? I didn't exactly research it or anything before I saw it (obviously, or I would NOT have seen it.)

Robin Hood: worth watching, at least, and an interesting take on an old story. I liked it, though I would definitely have included more shirtless scenes of Russell Crowe if I had been in charge of that film. WHAT were they thinking? I also liked Cate Blanchett as Maid Marian. An interesting remake of a character who is usually bland and feminine and otherwise nondescript. My only complaint is that the ending felt very rushed and choppy- Jim and I kept looking at each other and going, "Wait, did we just miss a scene or something? Is this film messing up?" So that sucked. But I'll definitely want to see the sequel, as opposed to the above movie. Wouldn't see another film in that series if you offered me a lifetime supply of Prada.

4 comments:

Mary O said...

Totally agree w/ you on the SATC2 review. I really couldn't believe how bad it was because I LOVED the series and the first movie. What in the hell happened???

Jess said...

I've heard SATC2 was terrible. It is something like 15% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. I still do plan to watch it, but not til it comes out on DVD and I can get it from Redbox for free. Too bad!

artemisia said...

I have heard SATC2 is icky. I can't wait to see Robin Hood!

Chelle said...

So disapointing, right? I mean, the first movie was no Academy Award winner but, it had the basic heart of the television series; #2 was just... I don't know.

Except for the part where Charlotte hides rom her kids in the closet. Totally relatable, that.