Saturday, March 21, 2009

It Was A No Fork Required Kind Of Day

I am trying really hard here to keep my mind off the various maybe pregnant, maybe still hormonally screwed up, maybe pregnant and about to have another miscarriage scenarios. I have been keeping up on laundry like a fifties' housewife. I cleaned out the refrigerator. I made an art project with Addy (well, I MADE it and she decorated it with stickers.) I went to my niece's birthday party. I worked out for an hour, and then, when the endorphins from the exercise weren't quite doing the trick, I drove through a diner and bought two pieces of pie. One of which I ate with my bare hands while driving home, as Addy fretted vocally in the backseat about my lack of utensil and the fact that I was making A Mess! It helped a little. The second piece helped even more.

Today I am watching my nephews for a few hours this afternoon, and I think we'll all go to the park. Tomorrow Addy and her cousins are going to a Disney Music Program that the local symphony is putting on, complete with giant Disney princesses and the possibility of photo ops, so that should be fun, too. That will see me through to Monday.

I also took a pregnancy test this morning. Which was negative, and not surprising, given that it's the absolute earliest day I could have gotten a positive anyways and I've never been blessed with OVERABUNDANT hormones the likes of which produce positive pregnancy tests days before I'm even late. But it was still a big sigh, and it's still that ominous stick tucked in my bathroom drawer that I have to keep obsessively monitoring as though it is a newborn swaddled in its bassinet.

Which, you know, it kind of is.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever think about writing articles for a woman's magazine or a book of "I am...I am not +/-!" because you are an awesome writer!! I love reading your descriptive dialogues! :)

d e v a n said...

Sometimes you just need to eat pie, fork or no. I love that Addy was fussing at you. lol
I do the SAME thing with those tests, fret and keep checking to see if a line has magically appeared...

Jessica said...

You have no self control - you told me you weren't going to test this weekend. :P

I wouldn't be able to wait either. It's still early though! This could be the month!

Swistle said...

You know what's kind of like pie but easier to eat with the hands? Jelly doughnuts. But then the sugar gets all over your shirt.

Emily said...

Crossing my fingers for you. And I have been there, looking back at the test a million times waiting for it to magically change. . . hours later even.

RachelAnn said...

you're silly but I love you. enjoy your pie

Fine For Now said...

Every post I read I'm holding my breath waiting for you to say you are preggo! Soon! Yay :o)

Kelsey said...

Ah I still have my fingers crossed for a happy outcome - I think pie was a step in the right direction!

Jess said...

I love how Addy frets about that. She's at the rule following age. I remember riding in the car with a kid I was babysitting while his dad was driving, and he was FREAKING OUT because he thought his dad was going too fast and kept yelling at him to slow down because the police were going to come. It was kind of awesome.

Shelly said...

Thinking of ya, babe. Best wishes.