Monday, March 19, 2012

Good Talk

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. I think I'm going to plan a play date, sit down with some coffees, and have the topic "come up." Then I'm just going to go with a combo of honesty- "Addy's been getting a little anxious about being late recently, and it seems to be more of an issue as the school year progresses"- a bit of diplomacy- "That's why I've been a few minutes early picking up (blank) lately; just trying to make sure Addy doesn't feel nervous that she's going to be late"- finished with the hard bit that I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and say- "so I'm thinking maybe I'll just take her from now on, and I'm happy to take your daughter too." Or possibly I could soften this a bit, something more like, "Of course I love the mornings when you're able to take them, but if you're going to be any later than 8:45 it might be better if you could just let me know so I can go ahead and take Addy myself." Sound ok? Not friendship ending or outright offensive?

And now for a total and abrupt subject change: oh my GOSH you guys, I am losing my dang MIND salivating in anticipation of The Hunger Games. I'm waiting til Sunday, when I'll be seeing it with my sister in law and niece, and I keep listening to the released singles from the soundtrack and just about fainting with excitement. Also, I would never have known about The Civil Wars (the band, not the tragic piece of American history) if it weren't for the song "Safe and Sound," which continues to blow my mind every time I listen to it. I don't always go for folksy, banjo-involving music (sometimes, just not as a hard and fast rule) but be still my heart, is that song some kind of freaky combo of lullaby, goosebump-chills and sexy or WHAT?



ME LIKEY. I can't wait to buy the soundtrack and wear it out, as obsessing over things is one of my long established favorite hobbies.

I promise I won't name the baby Katniss, Primrose or Rue though. Ahem coughcough *maybe as a middle name?* clears throat.

2 comments:

Aunt Murry said...

Honesty is always the best policy and if she is any kind of friend she will understand. If she doesn't then she really wasn't a friend to begin with. It has taken me almost 50 years to learn this lesson.

d e v a n said...

THE HUNGER GAMES! OMG! I can't WAIT!