Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Probably Just Skip This One...

Wow, I sure have been a regular Pollyanna the last week or so. Sorry about that. But just as one last, final whine and then I'll shut up I PROMISE, I want to present the most convincing proof I can think of that taking the pill, at least for some of us, really and truly alters one's actual personality:

I skipped dusting this week. I also haven't vacuumed for almost a week. Yesterday, I had to run two loads of dishes back to back because there was about three meals' worth just piled up around the kitchen.

Just let that sink into your brains. I don't feel like cleaning. At. All. It seems pointless and tedious and soul killing. Also, exercising, which usually gives me energy, is making me feel exhausted and spent for the remainder of the day. I get home, make lunch, shower, and then more or less collapse into a state of coma broken up only by helping kids go potty or change their doll's clothing for the hundredth time.

So if any of you are weighing the pros and cons of the pill, or already take it and are looking for something on which to pin the blame for any of your bad habits, look no further! Ya heard it here first: the pill is the devil.

*Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that the last few days I keep finding dirty dishes mysteriously shelved with the clean ones. Clearly, at some point in the last forty eight hours I put away a whole load of unwashed dishes without noticing. Stellar.

15 comments:

d e v a n said...

ugh. The cleaning part sounds a lot like me - normally...
Sorry that the pill is doing evil things to you.

Hillary said...

AMEN.

Shelly said...

Hey, since that attitude towards cleaning is pretty much my natural state, do you think the pill would make me WANT to clean?

Jess said...

Torsten sometimes ruins a fresh clean dishwasher by putting dirty wet dishes in with the clean stuff that hasn't been put away yet. But he's never put dirty dishes away with the clean. That would be worse.

Mommy Daisy said...

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that's pretty funny stuff.

Jessica said...

Now I KNOW you're not feeling well. No dusting?!

Astarte said...

Oh, shit, I HATE it when I put dirty dishes away by accident!!!!

But, you can't say that The Pill isn't doing its job - you're too tired and blah feeling to have sex, so voila! You won't get knocked up!

RachelAnn said...

That's just fantastic!! I'm sorry sweety....I'll be home soon and clean for you. Love you

Swistle said...

Ha ha ha! Love this. I am TOTALLY blaming the Pill for my house.

CAQuincy said...

I haven't been on the pill in almost two years, but I STILL can't get up enough energy to clean the house. Wow. I didn't realize it took THAT LONG for those hormones to eek out of our systems! heh.

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Yeah, wish I had the pill to blame for the current state of my house....

And, can you switch pills?? I HATED life on most pills but switched a lot (seriously, like, 20 TIMES) and finally found one that worked.

Sarah said...

c but h: I'm only on the pill for this month, so I probably can't switch at this point. Next month, it's (hopefully) on to another round of Clomid. Which is just further hormonal interference, but I actually deal with it better than I am with the pill.

Katy said...

I have a friend whose birth control pill gave her a clot in her brain. NOT COOL. I threw those suckers in the trash then and didn't look back.

Michelle said...

Oh I hated the pill. It made me super cranky. The pill I'm on now doesn't seem to bother me but it's the kind you only take while nursing. I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm done.

Chelle said...

I wish I could blame my filthy house on the pill but, sadly, I cannot.

Hang in there :)