Saturday, May 03, 2008

I Win I Win I Am A WINNER!

You GUYS! Eeek! I was one of three first place winners in Swistle's name contest! I just about passed out from the joy of it. Winning this prize has restored my faith in the ultimate balance and justice of the universe, because, seriously? This really has been a crappy couple of weeks. And then Jim was out of town overnight for business, and the baby was SO fussy and just newborn-like (feeding all night, leaking through multiple diapers and into my shirt at three in the morning, etc.) the whole time, and I've been cleaning this ever-loving house for FIVE HOURS STRAIGHT in preparation for our open house tomorrow and.... Well. I wasn't even going to get on the computer tonight, just wanted to crash into bed from exhaustion, but I was all, "Gotta check out the Swistle contest, at least."
I'm so glad I did. Visions of adorable elephant onesies will be dancing through my head tonight.
I WON! I never win ANYTHING! Go me!

14 comments:

Katy said...

That elephant onesie was so freakin' cute. You needed to win--the universe could tell.

Thanks so much for the wonderful comment on my post. I felt really uncertain about writing it, but I'm glad now that I did.

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh, I was so happy to see that you won too. Good guessing skills. And I thought the prize you got was just perfect. I can't wait to see little Eli in an elephant onesie. Cute!

d e v a n said...

YAY!!!! Congrats on winning!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I was so glad to see that someone I "know" won!

Swistle said...

I was really glad you won, too!

SLynnRo said...

Congrats- Elizabeth's stuff is very cute.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I didn't get the photo OR the name right. Sheesh!

Jess said...

You ARE awesome. Also, I was jealous that you won but then Swistle commented about some of the names she like that she would have given partial credit too, and three of them were names on my list, so now I feel somewhat mollified.

Susiewearsthepants said...

Yay! Good for you.

Chelle said...

Congratulations! Maybe this is the start of something-selling the house could be next, fingers crossed!

Fine For Now said...

That's awesome! Yay!

Pickles and Dimes said...

Yay - congrats!

LoriD said...

Well done! I didn't get the picture or the name right... not even close.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. You were due for some good luck!