Saturday, December 01, 2007

Wallowing In Our Own Filth

Or, The Post House Showing Let Down. It sure feels good to wake up in the morning and know that there's no compelling reason to dust or vacuum anything, and that it's just fine to go ahead and make a huge, greasy breakfast, then let the dishes and splatters just be for awhile (awhile = all day) while we sit back and sip our coffee.
You could also say it's a Post Christmas Decorating Let Down. I always forget that, while fun and festive, putting up a tree and all the related trimmings is a long and kind of chaotic process of rearranging furniture, digging in closets rarely explored, and stepping over boxes and cords for the majority of the day while things get situated. It's good old fashioned family fun, sure, but it's also a massive pain in the rear.
All of this to say, our house is happily messy right now, and while I am sometimes a clean freak and unable to relax in clutter, at the moment the clutter and mess feels like a big sigh of relief.

Addendum: I made an appointment to have my hair cut (or CHOPPED OFF) next Saturday. I was going to just walk in somewhere today, sit down, and let them do as they would with it, but then chickened out and called a stylist I at least knew and trusted. So now I have a week to decide whether I want a trim, or an actual whack job. You'll all be waiting with bated breath, I know!

5 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Sometimes that feeling is just relaxing. At least in those instances. :D

d e v a n said...

I know that feeling! Good Luck with the haircut.

Jess said...

Sometimes it's such a relief to have a kind of messy house and not have to worry about keeping everything all neat and orderly. Do we get to see pictures of the haircut?

Swistle said...

I am hoping I'm remembering correctly that the tree I bought last year at 75% off is pre-lit. Because putting up the lights makes me go crazy.

I should not be so superficial, but I love you more for spelling "bated" right.

Swistle said...

It's not that I would have loved you LESS for spelling it WRONG. Just MORE for spelling it RIGHT.