Except actually, I want ALL of you to reply to it, so while I'm going to tag a few bloggers who I think would enjoy doing this one, I still want comments, too! If you want, just choose a particular question about which you have something to say, and don't feel obligated to answer every single one.
I wanted to do this questionnaire because I was thinking lately about how much my definition of "getting ready" for the day has changed since becoming a mother! This meme covers things from makeup to leg waxing to how much money you spend on yourself, now vs. pre-children. Here goes:
1. On average, how much time would you estimate that you spend on your daily grooming routines, from brushing teeth to showering to any sort of hair/makeup fixing?
I would guess roughly forty-five minutes, when I average in the days I actually take time to blow dry and put on makeup and stuff. Most days, though, it's probably more like twenty minutes.
2. How much time did you spend before having kids on grooming habits?
At least an hour. Some days more.
3. Do you wear makeup every day?
No... I definitely used to, but since Addy came along, priorities have shifted!
4. If you do the makeup thing, do you buy the expensive stuff (department store, Sephora, etc.) or do you head for the cosmetics aisle at the drugstore?
When I was in high school, I used to spend probably half my paycheck on makeup and facial products at Clinique, but now I am strictly drugstore!
5. Do you have a "mom" hairstyle which you fall back on routinely?
I cut my hair really short while I was pregnant with Addy, so that I never had to dry or style it, but it has since grown past my shoulders, so now my usual hairdo is a ponytail. Oftentimes a WET ponytail.
6. How often do you get your hair cut? Do you get any coloring/highlights done?
I am very sporadic about haircuts- maybe every six months. I used to get blond highlights, but my hair grows so ridiculously fast that my roots are showing in a week, so I no longer bother with that.
7. Do you use salon products on your hair regularly, or ever?
I've bought a few things in the past, but definitely not on a regular basis.
8. Do you shave your legs every day? If not, how often?
I probably shave every three days. Sometimes less than that, if it's winter. And I have dark leg hair, so I should probably be an every day-er, but it takes too long!
9. Do you routinely get treatments like waxing, brow shaping, manicures, pedicures, or massages?
No, just once or twice a year, when I get gift certificates for massages.
10. Did you USED to do any of the above routinely?
I used to get massages once a month. I really do miss it, but between paying for the actual service and hiring a sitter to watch Addy, I can't really afford to anymore.
11. Are you loyal to any particular brand of skin care, hair product, or makeup? If so, do you feel it's truly worth it and makes a difference in your appearance?
I am a big product junkie- I love trying new stuff. I could stand in the toiletries aisles of the drugstore forever choosing the perfect face wash or scrub or whatever. The only thing I always have on hand is St. Ives Apricot Scrub, or the store generic of it. And in the summer, I always use Clean and Clear's Dual Action moisturizer- it's the only thing I've ever tried that keeps me from breaking out but never makes my skin feel dry. And lately, I have become a convert of Dove hair products. I think I will stick with it from now on. It really smells amazing, I think, and the scent kind of lingers all day, almost like a light, clean perfume.
12. On average per month, adding in the cost for everything from body wash to razors to hair cuts to new mascara, how much would you guess you spend on your own personal care and keeping? Did it used to be more?
I would estimate between forty and fifty dollars, all things included. And yes, it definitely used to be more!
Okay, I tag Jennifer at Playgroups Are No Place For Children and Shauna at Pass The Chocolate!