Thursday, May 03, 2007

Getting Better

Sorry it's been so long since I posted- the monitor of our home computer finally bit the dust, and since Jim takes the laptop with him to work (and is frequently working at home, as well) my Internet time has been severely limited. It's been weird not checking people's blogs and my own comments several times every day. Nice, also, to back off of the obsession a bit, but I miss it all the same. I feel disconnected.
I had my first day by myself with Adelay on Wednesday. It went okay, largely because she was a good sport and napped in the afternoon for almost three hours so that I could as well. I was completely exhausted from limping around after her in the morning. My knee swelled up quite a bit that night, so today Jim is working from home to help keep an eye on her. Thank goodness his and my mom were both here those first few days!
Jim is turning thirty this Saturday, so there will be a big party here with all his old college and high school friends. He and his dad have been busy putting the finishing touches (railings, more stain) on our deck that they built last summer, and right now he's off at Sears to get a weed whacker, to Lowe's to get deck supplies, and then to the grocery to stock up for the cook-out. I feel kind of bad that he is doing almost all of the prep work himself for his own party, but currently that's the only way it's going to get done. I went with him to Sears, and was planning to go to the other stops as well (so I could feel like I was helping, I guess,) but by the time I was on my feet for twenty minutes in the mall I was done. We ate at Subway and then Addy and I said good-bye and headed home for naps!
Which is where I am headed now- my bed. Possibly with an ice cream bar. The Schwann's man came by yesterday, and though I usually don't get much, I figured now was a good time to get some frozen, quick foods, since cooking big meals is not high on my priority list of things to be on my feet for right now. I have a big box of personal size pizzas, a giant bag of crinkle cut fries for Addy, and the must-have box of Gold 'N' Nugget bars for Jim and I. I think there are twelve in a box, and they are always gone within a week between the two of us.
So I guess that's about it. I am now off my crutches entirely, and I get pretty swollen if I stand for too long, but on the whole I am recovering quickly, I think. Slow but steady.


jess said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Adam said you were looking well last night. Let me know if you need any help getting ready for the party :)

jim said...

i think the only help i need now is help drinking all of the beer i bought.