Sunday, November 01, 2009

We're Not All Going To Die. But We Might Get Fatter.

Son of a b. I am still sick. The body aches/raspy cough have morphed into horrendous head cold/phlegmy cough. Still no fever at all, or vomiting or anything, so NOT H1N1, I assume. NOT THAT I WOULD BE ALL THAT FREAKED OUT ANYWAYS. Ahem. But it seemed, basically, like a mild fly immediately followed by a cold. Not fair.

But at least no one else is sick. YET. Dum dum dum...

This is why sometimes having a gym membership seems like money down the drain. Can't (WON'T) go because I'm sick, then can't go because the kids are (most likely going to be) sick... There goes two weeks!

Between sedentary lifestyle and two buckets of unguarded Halloween candy sitting out in the evenings, I am going to be well on my way to dressing as Jolly Old Saint Nick come Christmas. I won't even need a pillow in order to fake having a belly that jiggles like a bowl full of jelly.

But I don't really care. I'm feeling very "meh" about weight lately. Like, if it's not enough to hurt my health, and if I can still fit into my clothes and don't have to buy a new wardrobe, then I'm not really going to fret over some scale fluctuation. There are other things to worry about.

LIKE THE FLU!!!

6 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Aww, man! Feel better soon! Love the new sidebar picture too. ;) Great family photo.

d e v a n said...

I hope you get to feeling better VERY VERY SOON! Take some extra vitamin C and D3 daily! And gargle! And sleep!
(I'm not trying to mother you... sorry!)

Jana said...

You don't have to worry about your figure until it's swimsuit season, anyway, right? Hope you feel better soon.

Kelsey said...

I hope all the illness is banished from your house soon!!!

Jessica said...

Sorry :(

Love the new family pic!!!

Jess said...

Totally with you there. If it's very minor there is no need to worry about it.

Feel better soon!