Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Accomplished

No, I COULDN'T be bothered to sit that plastic basketball hoop back up for the picture. My arms were too tired from singlehandedly raking up a forest's worth of leaves.




What did YOU do this weekend, bee-otches? 'Cause I bet you can't top this.

Eh, to be fair, I should point out that I only raked up the fifteen leaf piles (note: camera couldn't span wide enough to picture all piles!) Jim took care of getting them all from the backyard to the street. BUT then I MOWED the backyard singlehandedly! (You know, so I wouldn't be in charge of entertaining the kids, which was the alternative option.)

(Also, bah. Now that the yardwork's all done, I have no excuse for not going to the gym.)

9 comments:

Tess said...

Um. That is completely horrifying! What a beating. I mean, nice to have that done, but...wow.

Also, I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!!! Assuming, of course, that IS your house.

LoriD said...

We have to bag all of our leaves for pickup- 35 bags at the curb this week... and we haven't touched the backyard yet! I feel your pain.

Sarah said...

Tess- Hah. No, actually, that's our backyard neighbor's house. But since the worst of the leaves were at the back of our yard, that's where all the piles ended up, so... that's what I took the picture of! I wondered if it would be confusing though.

d e v a n said...

Geez, that's a lot of friggin' leaves.

Swistle said...

I agree with Tess: horrifying! And with Devan: that is a lot of friggin' leaves.

bananafana said...

looks like you have lots of space! I love your yard. We always fight over who gets to mow whenever it isn't horribly hot. I'd much rather do yardwork than chase the screaming kids most of the time.

Jess said...

Your yard is just far too big. Time to invest in a leaf vacuum thingy.

MoreSimplyHuman said...

OK...we have a pretty small yard with TONS of trees overhead...but still, we pay someone to blow our leaves...Boy, now I feel like a total lazy schlump! Bravo to you, strong mama!!

bingo woman said...

Congratulations for that tiring chore! It's a relieving feeling, isn't it? Glad you had it done.