Saturday, November 21, 2009

Try, Try Again

I am so happy right now. About a year ago, I bought the movie Milo and Otis for the kids, thinking it would be something fun and non-commercial and non-annoying-to-adults, and also educational because of all the different animals and the view of farm life and whatnot. I certainly liked it when I was a kid.

Alas, both of them HATED it, and it has been shelved, unwatched, for quite awhile. Then today, when Eli had rejected every single morning cartoon I could find but was still asking for a "show," I remembered Milo and Otis, remembered that Eli has recently developed an obsession with his animal books, and thought to give it another whirl.

Dude, he LOVES this movie now! He has been totally mesmerized by it, and is interacting by loudly naming every animal and then bellowing out the corresponding animal sound. Yay! So cute.

Um, but maybe scratch my initial thought that this movie would be non-annoying to adults. Because SEE ABOVE PARAGRAPH re: naming every single animal and then making the corresponding noise.

7 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Oh, I remember that movie!

Michelle said...

We will have to check that out. Peanut loves animals. Her current obsession is Elmo and if I hear "Elmo's World" one more time, I might start to cry.

Hillary said...

Awww, I loved that movie, too, when I was little.

Tracy said...

my kids LOVE milo and Otis!

B said...

I LOVED that movie when I was a kid and have wanted a pug ever since. It was a running joke in my family to say "'Well,' said the tortoise, 'now you know.'" Anytime someone said "I didn't know that!" Maybe I should buy it for Sophie- thanks for the idea!

Marie Green said...

This reminds me: has Addy ever watched the (non-animated) version of Madeline? I see it often on the "Movies for $5.50" endcap at Target. My girls went through a HUGE Madeline phase, and I found it to be a fairly non-annoying and non-offensive movie as well.

Marie Green said...

(Also, we will be looking for Milo and Otis at the library this week!)