Friday, November 27, 2009

Baking A Pie In Ten Easy Steps, Or, The Expression "Easy As Pie" Is Very Misleading


Apparently one glass of wine, MAYBE one and a half, is considered helpful for large baking projects and is recommended by the leading experts.


Also, choosing the correct brand of slimy, lard-type substance to be used in your pie crust is key. Bon apetit!


The virgin pastry cutter. Please refrain from commenting re: the pigtails.


Flouring dough. Pretty self explanatory.


I think it's official: I am incapable of being photographed without at least one piece of hair falling into my face. It's like my trademark.


Addy takes her baking very seriously.


Crimped pie shells. The crimping was harder than I thought it would be. Pastry shells are fragile!


Jim's mom, crimping the top of the crust over the apple pies.


Garnishing pecan pie with... pecans! What a bold culinary move!


And done. Not too shabby eh?

11 comments:

d e v a n said...

yum!

sagessa said...

Can you send one of those pies this way? We're just about out of Thanksgiving desserts. :)

Tracy said...

yum-o!

Katy said...

They look great and this post has confirmed for me that the only part of pie-making I'm interested in is the wine-drinking part. I think I would make an excellent pie-making cheerleader, however.

Jana said...

Very nice!!

mLou said...

of course, your MIL can make about anything!!! It looks like you and Addy did a gerrrate job!!

Anonymous said...

Holy pies, Batman!

You all are too, too cute!

Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

I agree with the commenter above: too cute!

um, and dude... I want some pie.

addy's shirt (dress?) is adorabe! if it's a sweater, how do you manage to get her wearing things other than pink and/or dresses? my nearly 4 year od daughter is a dress fiend.

I'm impressed with the pies! and you rock the pigtails :) (i wear 'em too :)

Jess said...

The pies are gorgeous! Mmmm.

Tess said...

Wait, does that little mat MEASURE THE CRUST for you? GENIUS!

Shelly said...

Ooh, I didn't notice the mat until Tess' comment. Cool. Must get one. Wait, I don't bake. Carry on!