Friday, January 18, 2008

GAAAA!!!

Oh my gosh, you guys, I am seriously about crying with frustration right now. I called the office at three and my results still hadn't been faxed in. The nurse said to call back "in an hour or so." So I dutifully waited an hour, and then gave it an extra twenty minutes just to be safe. Called back, waiting with bated breath, only to get the doctor's answering service! Because everyone is gone for the day! I called the pathology lab then, probably sounding like a frantic lunatic, only to be of course told that they aren't allowed to actually release that information, only pass it on to doctors and doctors only. IT'S MY F-ING BLOOD TEST WHY CAN'T YOU JUST TELL ME!!!
But no. Looks like I will be waiting till Monday. Son of a beotch.

10 comments:

bananafana said...

maybe I'm just a total pain in the butt but I think I would call the answering service, have them page my doctor, get the doctor to call, etc etc. ok maybe that's excessive but you can't wait until monday - that was the whole point of having the test done right?!?!?

d e v a n said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Jess said...

Okay, not to make it worse but Monday is a holiday. So it might even be TUESDAY.

I realize that this affects you much more than it does me, but still: GAH!

Jennifer said...

No they dint! I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

I second Bananafana's suggestion. Waiting until Monday or Tuesday is out of the question.

Nowheymama said...

Oh boy, am I behind on the news. I agree that you should call and flip the flip out until someone tells you something. They might have some kind of Saturday hours.

Re: the documentary you want to see. I'm currently reading Birth: The Surprising History of How We Are Born and I really like it. Sounds as if the themes are similar.

Marie Green said...

This is why I keep a couple of extra doctors in my back pocket-- so I don't have to deal with MEDICAL RED TAPE BULLSHIT.

I am so frustrated for you right now. SOOOOOOOOOO frustrated!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OH THAT IS SO FRUSTRATING! If you wanted to do Bananafana's idea but felt shy about it, what I'd do is come up with an excuse why I needed to know tonight rather than Tuesday. Like, that I was going to a party and was planning to have a couple of drinks, but didn't want to if I were pregnant.

the new girl said...

Oh, that so stinks! I hope that you don't have to wait until tuesday.

Here's hoping.

Mommy Daisy said...

OH man, you'll go insane by the time they actually have the results.