Saturday, April 30, 2011

In Her Majesty's Secret Service

So you all had British-type snacks whilst watching the royal wedding, right? Cause I felt absolutely COMPELLED, and the only thing we had in the house was.... dum dum dum. A Cadbury egg. Which I ate, because I'd be gosh darned if I let this historic occasion pass without the appropriate pomp and circumstance. But I only ate the one, and then I totally forgot about it and moved on with the day and did not start stuffing candy into my face Willy Wonka style, so I guess that's a good sign. I haven't physically craved sweets for a few days, but I also don't feel fantastically different without them, either, so... we'll see. And I swear I'm eating MORE than usual, albeit more healthy stuff. Well, I'm going to finish out the week, at least. Then we'll see. I might stick with writing down what I eat longer than the no candy thing, because boy does that make you think twice before shoveling random crap down your throat, and also makes you painfully aware of days when you've only eaten one item of produce (see: today.)

At any rate, that sugar-fast cheat was for you, Lovely Kate. I loved your makeup! I loved your hair! I love your immaculate yet not too thin eyebrows! Also, I love your super hot brother in law who happens to be only ONE DAY older than I am. (Your husband? Meh. He's ok too.)

3 comments:

Nowheymama said...

We didn't have British snacks. *sigh* I could have gone for some tea and crumpets.

Mary O said...

I TRIED to make scones, but realized mid-bake that my oven seemed to be broken. So they were just moosh-balls instead of scones. But the wedding was lovely, the bride lovely.

Kelsey said...

She was really lovely, wasn't she? Good job w/ the egg! I wasn't coherent enough to muster snacks...