Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nothing Much

Good thing one of my new year's resolutions wasn't to update my blog daily, huh? I have been doing pretty good on the others, with the exception of getting my hair thinned. (State of hair: course and dry. Stubbornly unhelped by Matrix smoothing conditioner.) I also missed one gym session due to an illness which I won't name but will describe as being treated by chugging countless glasses of cranberry juice. Oh and ALSO, as long as we're sharing, I am very proud of myself, as this is the first month in... a few, that I have made it all the way to the end without once thinking or proposing to Jim that perhaps, somehow, I am pregnant OMG NO! Clearly in 2009 I will turn a new leaf and cease forever with being obsessive and fretful!

That's really all I've got; things quiet but good here. We're keeping mostly at home, as it's either frigidly cold or actively snowing lately. Adelay has stayed the course with potty training, and I almost forget what it's like to have two in diapers. The winter blues seem to have left me for the time being, though their cure, chocolate, has also left me with five pounds I had shed just a month before. Well. It's cold. I need insulation.

My current hobbies are doing Sudoku puzzles in the bathtub (hot baths are a great cure for winter depression too, I have found) and, of course, waiting on pins and needles for that momentous call from Jess that ze baby is on his way. Poor girl is now like three days overdue. I realized today that this is exactly four WEEKS longer than I was pregnant with Addy. Young man, you had better be one CUTE little small headed baby, you hear?

6 comments:

Swistle said...

1. I got my hair thinned at my most recent appointment (er...in October? yes, October. *making note to make next appointment*) and I LOVE it. She only thinned it a little because it was my First Time and she was being Gentle, but next time I'm going to ask her for MORE thinning. This is the first time in my life my hair has responded to "straightening balms" and the like.

2. Weirdness: I am using a VOLUMIZING conditioner, and it is making my hair STRAIGHTER and FLATTER and SMOOTHER. WTH. I always get the straightening / smoothing / flattening / moisturizing conditioners and get coarse and dry and wavy. Maybe all this time I have misunderstood certain hair-related vocabulary words?

3. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA re "without once thinking or proposing," "stayed the course," "Well. It's cold. I need insulation," "small headed baby."

Mommy Daisy said...

Sometimes it's all these little things that get us through.

d e v a n said...

I've missed you! Glad to see you back here. :)

Jess said...

I'm glad that things are so peaceful for you right now. You deserve it!

RachelAnn said...

It's about time you posted! : ) Hair thinning is wonderful. One thing I'm into to keep the flyaways down is Victoria's Secret detangler in Very Sexy. The scent is the same as my perfume and it works!

artemisia said...

"small headed baby." Oh, my. And hopefully, it is so!