Monday, October 31, 2011

Home Tour, Volume 2

Because I need to post, but am crashing too hard on Halloween candy to try to write anything, I present our living room, in a (mostly) toy and kid free state:














This is how we use our play yard when it's not set up in the middle of the room. I seriously think it's one of the most invaluable items of kid gear you can buy. You can gate off anything with that sucker, PLUS you can take it outside, either to use as a playpen or to hose it off if the idea of wiping every nook and cranny is a little too daunting. On a seasonal note, it may just go around our Christmas tree this year. We'll just have to see how Jamie does. Y'know, now that he's WALKING and all. :)

7 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Pretty!

We've been discussing our tree options as well. Stick it in the playpen? Only decorate the top?

Tracy said...

We had many a christmas bulbs broken last year when Isaac was just walking. We ended up with most of the decorations up towards the top. lol

Fran said...

We used my parents' (bought for their dogs) and I often said we needed to get oour own! You could always do a table-top smaller tree or even a couple small trees that are elevated beyond his reach.

Michelle said...

I can't even begin to process the Christmas tree since someone in our house is a v. mobile grabby gus. The husband and I talked about getting a small one and putting it on a table but a gate might be a good idea.

Jessica said...

I still don't know how you keep your house so clean! I'm always so jealous!

I can't believe Jamie is walking! Yay!! (and also oh, no for mommy :)

d e v a n said...

we have one of those too and LOVE it for putting around the Christmas tree!
We'll definitely use it this year, but next year might be the first year in 8 Christmases that it doesn't get used.

Nik-Nak said...

I love the colors. Everything meshes so well together.
I love taking picture tours, it's so neat to see the inside of others homes.
Thanks for the tip on the play yard, we may need to invest in one.