Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Checking In

Um, wow. How long has it been since I even got on here? Clearly that big move to my own site is going to happen any day now, seeing as I barely even bother to check my email most days so far this summer.

But it's good, honestly. This summer has been awesome so far, and promises to continue that way. Such a difference from last year, when I was waddling and contracting and generally miserable by mid July. This year, I am actually able to keep up with the three little sun-bleached blondies who adore being outside and ask for nothing more out of life than parks! and playgrounds! and pools! every day, please. Even baby boy is content to sit outside in his pack 'n' play for upwards of two hours at a time (with a sun cover!) and watch the older ones play while he practices his scooting and crawling skills.

Canada was wonderful (except for oh my word FORGETTING THE CAMERA) and we'll probably be back the end of the month with Jim's parents. We were in Michigan last weekend for a big family reunion/anniversary party, and that we lovely too, with some surprise swimming thrown in for the kids. And in between trips, it's all a giant blur of laundry and juice boxes and sunscreen and parks and pools and oh my, it's time to grocery shop AGAIN for more juice boxes. Time is flying, alarmingly. Addy will start school in less than two months. Jameson will be a year old in less than three. Neither of these situations is in the least acceptable. But I find that pints of Ben and Jerry's Peanut Brittle ice cream do soothe the soul.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forgetting the camera? Oopie!

d e v a n said...

Good to hear from you. :) School starts here in less than a month! EEEEK! Where is the summer going?!

Nik-Nak said...

I'm still super excited to see the big move!

Laura said...

So good to see you!

Unknown said...

https://beritawiki.us/beberapa-ribu-pengunjuk-rasa-peru-kembali-lagi-ke-ibu-kota-berbuntut-benturan/