Saturday, January 08, 2011

January

Welp. Eli has an ear infection and tested positive for influenza b at the doctor's office. Addy now has the flu too, and is complaining of ear pain, so, probably another ear infection coming. They're both on Tamiflu, which by the way tastes TERRIBLE and is not easy to convince grouchy preschoolers to swallow. Baby's been sneezy and fussy, but thank God no fever yet. PLEASE DON'T GET THE FLU JAMIE. I feel like crap, all clammy and weak and achy, so the doctor put me on a prophylactic dose of Tamiflu to try to head it off. Which means that today at the pharmacy I spent.... drum roll of doom please... three hundred and seventy dollars. That makes me want to barf, flu or no flu.

On the plus side, I finally realized/remembered that if I need to hold Jamie to keep him happy, and am wishing to get on the computer at the same time, I can PUT HIM IN HIS CARRIER and still type with both hands while he's on my lap. Whew.

Also, I recently read an awesome book called The Piano Teacher. Jim picked it for me at Christmas, and I really really liked it and was so bummed when it was finally over. Don't you hate that about good books, how you can't put them down but then they're finished way too fast and you just wish you could go back to being only halfway through and still on the edge of your seat?

On the other hand, at least I'm not accidentally staying up until two thirty in the morning reading.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I hope the soup helped. Bummer about the $$ :(

Hillary said...

oooh sounds interesting. I'll add it to my list.
Hope everyone feels better soon. We're finally all healthy again, but we had two rounds of crud for everyone through the holidays. Very merry.

Mommy Daisy said...

I hope everyone it healthy soon. And I'm suddenly VERY thankful that we have an AWESOME prescription plan!

Yes, yes, I hate that about good books! I'll have to look into that book.

d e v a n said...

Man, that would make me want to barf too. That is a lot of money for prescriptions. yikes. I hope Jamie doesn't get it and everyone else feels better soon!

Nowheymama said...

I've been catching up on your mouse posts. *shudder*

Thank you for feeling my pain.

Jess said...

Ughhhhh. I hope the plague leaves your house soon! Also, I can't BELIEVE how much those prescriptions cost! OUCH!