Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bootylicious


Are these not the cutest cut out cookies you've ever seen? I took pictures of them at every angle, so here! Look again!



I baked these for my sister's baby shower two weeks ago, and then she and my mom and I decorated each individual baby booty. It's the tedious SLASH sticky kind of task that usually makes me want to stab my eyes out, frankly. But I couldn't help but have fun because they were turning out just so cute, and it's so rare that I experience either baking success or artistic design success, much less a combination of the two.

My sister Laura is officially thirty seven weeks along tomorrow, so baby watch begins again around here! It's her first baby, a boy, and I get to be there to help him be born (er, moral support only, no ripping sheets and boiling water scenarios.) I am beyond excited. Though I will be sad to no longer see her adorable baby bump. Seriously, it's the cutest pregnant belly I've ever seen. Like she swallowed a watermelon, no? My stomach NEVER looked this adorbs.



Jameson (i.e. Wubzy, in case anyone was curious about what ridiculous nom de plume we had stuck this particular child with) was very excited by the sight of his cousin in utero.


6 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, my belly isn't anywhere near that adorbs either. And your sister and I are only a couple days apart with our due dates. Sigh.

Tess said...

Good lord, those are some of the cleanest cookie sheets I've ever SEEN! HOW?

And Wubzy (HEE!) is adorbs.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Tess, how are your cookie sheets so pristine?? Adorable cookies, but an even more adorable Wubzy!!

d e v a n said...

Cute bump and CUTE baby!

CAQuincy said...

OMG--I'm going to DIE of all the cuteness! Baby booty cookies! Baby bump! BABY!

Katy said...

I had a cute belly like that--when I was seven months pregnant. By nine months, cute did not describe it.